Read time: 3 Minutes
Are you ready to turn your big, ambitious goals into a reality?
The key to achieving your goals is having a solid system in place.
Using 4Dx to achieve your Goals
Today, I want to introduce you to the 4 Disciplines of Execution (4DX) framework.
4DX is a framework developed by the book “The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals” that focuses on:
- Identifying and focusing on the Wildly Important Goals (WIG) that will have the greatest impact on achieving desired results.
- Tracking lead measures, which are the activities that directly impact your goal, instead of lagging measures, which are the outcomes of those activities.
- Creating a visible scoreboard that clearly and visibly tracks progress towards the goal, and making sure it is accessible and visible to everyone in the organisation.
- Establishing regular meetings to review progress : hold team members accountable for achieving the goal, and ensure that everyone knows how they contribute to the team’s success.
An example of using 4Dx to Achieve your Goals
Sarah, the owner of a software company, wants to double her revenue this year (WIG).
She and her team identify maintaining relationships and improving product quality as the lead measures that will drive progress towards this goal. They set daily actions, such as:
- Adding prospects to the CRM every day.
- Having a digital marketing strategy in place to email clients and prospective clients regularly.
- Prioritizing product quality complaints.
They then created a digital and physical tracker that they printed and placed above their desks as a reminder of what needed to be done in order to achieve the goal.
Sarah met with her team every week to discuss progress and the team members had to keep each other accountable for the actions they promised to attend to every week.
Working through 4DX was tough, it took some getting used to. There were weeks when the actions almost got lost in the whirlwind of everyday madness, but eventually Sarah and her team found their Cadence.
As the months passed, Sales skyrocketed and Sarah and her team changed the way they approached execution forever.
The above story is fictional but I have used and am currently using the 4DX framework in my business and personal life.
This newsletter rounds up the theme for the month of January, which was Planning for the year:
- The first newsletter identifying problems in the business and coming up with ideas for solving them. https://bit.ly/3j3mW4a
- The second newsletter dealt with putting together a financial plan to support the ideas to solve the problem. https://bit.ly/3HvU65E
- This newsletter laid out a system to execute on those goals to achieve them.
Do you want more resources to help you achieve your goals? Visit <Link> and don’t hesitate to reach out to discuss how to achieve your goals.
See you next week,